Join Our Team!
A different language is a different vision of life. Federico Fellini.
Job title: Spanish Language Teacher
Company: Pan Comido Spanish Language School
Location: East Twickenham and other location
Job type: Hourly rate
At Pan Comido, we are passionate about guiding learners to this “different vision of life”. Our Spanish language school is dedicated to providing high-quality Spanish courses to adults and to promoting the Spanish culture in Richmond and the surrounding areas. Our mission is to bring Spain and Latin America to the local community, and to help our students learn Spanish in a fun and, as our name Pan Comido implies, easy way, whatever the reason they are learning Spanish for.
Our courses take place at ETNA Community Centre, a vibrant and welcoming charity at the heart of TW1 that offers a warm environment for people of all ages and backgrounds.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced native Spanish teacher to join our team and guide our Spanish learners as they embark on the exciting journey of language acquisition and cultural exploration.
- Plan and deliver effective Spanish in-class courses for adult learners of varying levels (beginner to advanced), making sure to cover key areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Create engaging and dynamic lesson plans that foster language acquisition and cultural understanding.
- Bring elements of your Spanish-language cultural background to the classes!
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the diverse needs and learning styles of students.
- Empathise with students’ difficulties of learning a new language, particularly with our retired/elderly learners.
- Monitor student progress and provide constructive feedback to support their language development.
- Encourage students to actively participate in class and engage with the Spanish language and culture.
- Help organise and facilitate Spanish cultural activities and events to enhance the learning experience and encourage student participation.
- Stay up-to-date with language teaching methodologies and integrate technology into lessons when appropriate.
- Native Spanish speaker.
- Relevant experience teaching Spanish as a foreign language to adults.
- Relevant teaching qualifications (MA Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language or similar).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for teaching and sharing Spanish language and culture.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a classroom setting.
- Strong organisational skills to manage and plan lessons effectively.
- Availability in the afternoon and evening.
What we offer
- The chance to join a dynamic team dedicated to the promotion of the Spanish language and culture–of which, your background will play a key role!
- Competitive compensation.
- Classes will be on location at the centre, but there is a possibility of incorporating online classes for the position in the future.
How to apply
If you are a dedicated and enthusiastic Spanish teacher who is eager to inspire and educate adult learners, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV, a cover letter explaining your teaching philosophy, and any relevant teaching certificates to email@example.com.
Join Pan Comido and help us make the Spanish language and culture come alive for our students!